Thursday, November 20, 2008

Genealogy Junky!


Ok ok! I guess I have to keep up with this blog. Well at least it'll give me something to do in the evening when I get online and find I have no new emails from my friends and then wonder what else I feel like doing on DIAL UP! Ooops! Yea... it's dial up at home. which makes doing genealogy at home SUPER slow! so what else is there to do? Check my facebook... but yea, facebook would have emailed me if anyone had written to me there. Check myspace - yea but I can brush my teeth and take out my contacts in the time it takes just to pull up the first page. Then log in and go put on PJ's and txt Kristina for awhile till it comes up. I mean, it's not even worth getting online. So why do I keep it? Well.... it sure makes for some nice internet protection for the kids. LOL NOTHING has time to download! LOL

Oh dear! Ok, so my big hang up right now is genealogy! I'm on ancestry.com. Yea, surely if I can afford to pay for that I can get wireless internet, right? Sheesh! I'm a genealogy junky! In the last 2 months I've uploaded over 1000 names into my family tree! And then all the hints and records ancestry tries to hook each name up to. It's just unreal how much stuff they have. For every name, I have attached every census record and every other person who's researching the same name... for over 1000 names! Now tell me I don't have something seriously going wrong here! LOL I'm a junky! I admit it!

I'm actually hoping to turn my habit into something wonderful though. In January when it's time for Ryan's first trip to the temple, I hope to have 50 or more names to take with us. then each of the kids can take 10 names each and do their baptisms! We'll all do it together, in the temple! I'm so excited for that. I didn't get to help do any of the work for the first batch of names I sent to the temple in Dallas years ago. It was a bad time for me. So I just submitted all the names to whoever could do them in Dallas thinking I'd never get to go back to the temple again. Now that I can and I have worthy children too... well I'm digging for names who haven't had their work done for them yet! Hence... the genealogy junky! I'm hoping for a very spiritual FAMILY time at the temple. Something that will connect all of us with all of them in the spirit world! It will be a good day.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

How wonderful! I am amazed that you could find out all that information for so many of your ancestors. What a beautiful time you will have in the temple as a family!

LeaAnne said...

yahoo for you!! Rune is the same..Always looking for family,it is so great!