Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Fog

Wow, did you guys see the fog last night? Just incredible! I drove all the way to Portland and back last night in that fog. The only time it cleared up was in Salem and JUST when you got into Portland. It was so disorienting! I don't know if fog has ever done that to me so much. You can hardly see 10 feet in front of you and everyone is going 70 miles an hour!! The only time I felt somewhat comfortable was when a BIG truck was in front of me and I could just follow it. But somehow the monotony of following truck lights and being unable to see anything else was really putting me to sleep! Not a good situation! So I'd zip around them and then REALLY have to pay attention cause I couldn't see anything. Then I'd be coming up on some car's red lights and I found I could not judge the distance between it and me. It was so weird. A couple of times it kind of made me feel like I didn't know where I was.. sort of a floaty kind of feeling. Very strange. The way home was much better though cause I had a bunch of giggling girls in my car who kept me entertained and awake all the way home. The things they giggle about is incredible. But the singing was wonderful! And as we sang, I marveled that I was going 70 miles an hour into this fog that I could hardly see 10 feet in front of me and there were no lights ahead to lead the way. Well... I suppose I did slow down to 60! But still! Somehow I felt safe and we made it home by 10pm with the most wonderful treasures in the back seat! LOL

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Once I drove from Provo to Aberdeen, Idaho, watching the white line on the edge of the road all the way! So thick and scary. Glad you made it up and back OK!